90% of maternal deaths are preventable. India leads the world with the highest number of maternal deaths and Assam is the worst in the country.
Women in Assam are routinely denied access to adequate health services due to poor infrastructure, undue payment, and discrimination. Assam’s tea garden and public hospitals often lack the equipment, staff and referral systems necessary to ensure safe motherhood.
To address these gaps, ICAAD, Nazdeek, and PAJHRA have teamed up together, combining community trainings, technology and legal intervention to increase accountability in the delivery of maternal health services in Assam. The interventions are already changing healthcare on the ground.
Your donation supports empowering women in the community to champion their own rights! This means:
- 527 ration shops provide food for pregnant women
- Over 150 violations reported
- Improvement in healthcare delivery, including increased medicines, HIV testing, and ambulances
- Legal complaint filed for failure to provide blood bank
- Legal complaint filed for bribery by health official
- Increased responsiveness of health ministry
Learn more at: www. icaad.ngo/end-mm-now/